Powered by Blogger.

>> Tuesday, March 22, 2011





Hi there! Most people here in town know me, or know
of me, even if they won’t admit it. Many of them refer
to me as “Miss Myrtle”, because they can’t remember
my last name. I’m almost as old as dirt, which means
I have few friends around my age. I’m not as old as
Noah though, but I digress.

I live here in this old Victorian house, yes, the one in
three shades of green, with the wide front porch. I’m
out there quite often during the warmer months,
waving to passing neighbors. Sometimes they’ll come
and pass a few minutes with me. I enjoy that. My
cat, Mr. Bean, thinks he owns me. Don’t tell him any
different. Once in a while his friend, Rafe, comes over
and I end up chatting with him. He likes sitting on the
porch railing, watching the world go by.

I used to drive. I’m sure the townspeople all gave a
collective “WHEW!”, when I  decided to hang up
the car keys. Not that I was a bad driver, although
that one fence might argue the point. Anyway, I have
several willing young friends who drive me places.

You must excuse me, but it’s time to settle into the
Word. Please do come back soon for some tea or
root beer.

3 comments:

Yvonne Blake March 22, 2011 at 12:03 PM  

Oh...I'm going to love visiting with Myrtle.

Joanne Sher March 22, 2011 at 1:31 PM  

LOVE Myrtle. SO much :) And I'll take the root beer

Rita Garcia March 23, 2011 at 7:16 AM  

Love Myrtle, and would love a cup of tea! It would be so lovely to set and talk with Myrtle! So I'll come visit here often!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP