Powered by Blogger.

Spring Surprise

>> Tuesday, March 22, 2011




Yesterday I came downstairs to find Mr. Bean standing at the
front door. He’s an inside cat and has never shown any interest
in that door before. Even if it’s open, he hangs back, apparently
afraid of getting sucked out into an unknown world. He does,
however, sleep next to a screened open window in summer.

So I leaned over and stroked Mr. Bean. He arched his back as
my hand went from his head to the tip of his tail. As I opened
the door, he backed up a few paces.

Sitting on the doormat on the porch was a small sized animal
carrier with a plaintive mewing emerging from it. I bent over
to see a very small kitten looking at me. My heart melted.
I straightened up and scanned the neighborhood for any sign of
who left this present here. It was a cool Spring morning, so
I decided to bring the carrier inside.

As I closed the door, and set the carrier on the wooden floor,
Mr. Bean came over to it and sat next to the cage door, and
purred. It was then that I noticed an envelope taped to the
top of the carrier.

The kitten looked as if it was trying to stuff itself through
the holes in the front cage door to get to Mr. Bean. I unlocked
the door and the totally white kitten emerged to touch noses
with my cat. Then the little visitor rubbed across Mr. B’s chest.
I think I saw them both smile.

I still needed to find out where this little one came from.
Who would abandon a little kitten? Why here? How would I
manage another cat?
I remembered the envelope and released it from the carrier.


TO BE CONTINUED

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP