Powered by Blogger.

Spring Surprise-Part 3

>> Thursday, March 24, 2011


Echo. Yup, that fit my new little, white friend to a T. I decided to place
 a folded blanket in the front parlor, behind my favorite wing back chair.
It would be his bed for the time being. I had to find some toys for him,
although I knew kittens didn’t require store bought ones. A crumpled
up piece of paper or string worked just fine. I walked into the kitchen
with Echo on my heels. I’m sure I have a small flashlight in one of
these drawers. I scrounged through the catch-all drawer. Old keys,
long forgotten to what they open, rubber bands and paper clips, ah,
here it is! A small, three inch, neon blue flashlight. I clicked it on to
check the battery strength. Good. Let the fun begin!

I pointed the beam of light onto the floor and slowly swirled it around
Echo. He stopped in his tracks and opened his eyes wide. I had to
remember to keep the  light in his field of vision, otherwise it just
disappeared to him. The beam stopped right in front of him. His right
paw caught it. Then the light moved a smidgen to his left. He jerked
his head, and his left paw shot out to capture it. After he tried to bite
it, the light started to shake because I was laughing and couldn’t hold
the flashlight still. The beam began dancing back and forth and Echo
proceeded to do the two step trying to catch the light with both front
paws.

Then he stopped, and all of a sudden high tailed it across the kitchen
for the pantry. I laughed so hard, I thought I’d have to change my
dress! A couple of minutes later he emerged and trotted over to
where I stood, and he sniffed the floor.

I decided to read some of my book which I’d begun the day before,
so I headed down the hall, with “Mr. Two-Step” close behind. I
picked him up and placed him on his blanket where he promptly
collapsed and fell asleep. Kittens play hard, and they sleep hard.

I had just settled into the chapter, when there was a loud noise outside.

TO BE CONTINUED

2 comments:

Yvonne Blake March 24, 2011 at 4:13 PM  

Echo! Great name...although Two-Step is pretty good, too.

Rita Garcia April 20, 2011 at 3:42 PM  

Aw, he got a name--Echo--fits him perfectly!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP