Powered by Blogger.

Spring Welcome

>> Tuesday, March 22, 2011






What a great way to welcome Spring!
Sitting on my front porch strapping on my old roller skates
and tightening each with the all important key.  Got to love
that key. I have to stretch often as my muscles cramp up.
I’m not as limber as I used to be.

Whenever I go skating it seems my cat, Mr. Bean, cringes
with what he hopes won’t happen. I’ve also noticed that
my neighbors tend to disappear whenever I go roller
skating. Maybe they don’t want to be responsible for
scraping me off the sidewalk. They probably watch me
from behind the safety of a curtain. Why don’t they come
out and join me? They have no faith.

That’s where my walker comes in. For balance. I get up,
roll my feet back and forth to get the feel, yell YEE-HAW!,
and take off. Lifting my walker off the walkway, I roll
slowly down the slight incline to the sidewalk. The roughness
of the walk is rattling my dentures. But what a feeling of
freedom! Oh, how I love sailing along, with the breeze
whipping my hair!

I roller-walk along the sidewalk until I get to the curb,
then turn around for the stroll back home. As I approach the
house, I can see Mr. Bean watching me through the living
room window. He’s not hiding behind a curtain. I give him a
quick wave, as I make my way along the grass bordering my
walkway. Trust me,  climbing uphill is easier on grass than
on the walkway. More forward progress. I’m going to need
a nap after this exhilarating outing.

2 comments:

Yvonne Blake March 22, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

Ha Ha Ha... loved this!
Great descriptions!

Rita Garcia March 23, 2011 at 7:20 AM  

Grins! Grabbed a button! thanks!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP